For many security salespeople, managers and business owners, trying to reach their sales goals is like putting together a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle — blindfolded! It’s a challenge figuring out how all the pieces fit together — and some pieces always seem to be missing.
The Direction You’ve Been Looking For
Security Sales Mastery not only gives you all the pieces, it clearly explains how to put them together to boost sales like never before. It’s your personal guide to security sales success.
You’ll learn the powerful techniques used by top security sales professionals. How they position themselves as the #1 security experts in their market areas, develop large and reliable streams of new business opportunities, bring in sales day-in and day-out, dominate their competition and earn huge incomes. That can be your situation in a very short time!
More and Higher Quality Sales Leads
Need more high-quality security sales leads? Then Security Sales Mastery is the key you’ve been looking for. You’ll learn all about the market for home security*, where to find the best prospects, how to create a territory marketing plan, keep your sales pipeline continually full of high-quality sales appointments and keep prospects from even considering your competitors.
A Proven Security Sales Process
You’ll learn each crucial step in a winning security sales process, including pre-call preparation, building rapport, needs analysis, system design, negotiation and closing, post-call follow up and getting referrals.
You’ll be armed with what to say, how to say it, and the tools and techniques you need to get your prospects to say “Yes!” on every sales call.
Selling security doesn’t have to be so difficult. All you need are the pieces of the security sales puzzle and a knowledge of how to put them together to create a beautiful picture of a larger income, more excitement and greater career success.
Why struggle with sales a minute longer? If you’re a security company owner or sales consultant—or have responsibility for a security sales team—this book was custom-made for you. It’s the key to your security sales success!
*While the examples used in Security Sales Mastery focus on residential security, the concepts, strategies, tactics and techniques translate directly to other areas of security and technology sales (commercial, guard services, cyber, automation, etc.)
Chapter One: The Foundation for Security Sales Success
- How to change a security sales job into a professional, highly-paid career.
- Why “one-size-fits-all” security sales presentations don’t work.
- How old-school closing routines kill sales.
- How to position yourself as more than a salesperson.
- How to turn one-time customers into lifetime clients.
- The anatomy of highly-successful security sales professionals.
- The single most-important security buying decision factor (no, it’s not price).
Chapter Two: The Security Sales Success Mindset
- Why the security industry is such a great choice for sales professionals.
- Why you should feel proud about your role as a security sales consultant
- How clients see the most successful salespeople.
- How the way you sell can become your most powerful competitive weapon.
- Why you should not be selling alarm systems.
- How to create an image that makes customers want to do business with you.
- Why “the close” is not the most important part of the security sales process.
- How to avoid “negative return sales calls.”
- What you need to do before you have any chance of making a sale.
Chapter Three: How to Find the Best Prospects
- What you need to know about the overall market for security.
- Why you don’t have enough high-quality sales appointments (and what to do about it).
- The three security needs intensities.
- The importance of the “dominant buying motive.”
- The security marketing process.
- The three primary security marketing strategies.
Chapter Four: Business Development Fundamentals
- How to create a high volume of quality sales leads.
- Why business development is not “just a numbers game.”
- How to leverage your existing customers for more opportunities.
- Your single largest untapped source of new business.
- How to create a powerful, business-building network.
- Where to find the best prospects who are ready to buy now.
Chapter Five: Dominate Your Market
- How to position yourself as the top security expert in your market area.
- How to put the power of publicity to work for you.
- Why and how to become the “security guru” in your community.
- Ways to build your personal brand to improve your professional presence and stand out in the marketplace.
- How to create exclusive streams of sales leads with no competition.
- How to leverage the power of the Internet to fill your sales opportunity pipeline.
Chapter Six: Your Business-Building Game Plan
- How to assess your current situation.
- How to size up the competition for the kill.
- How to manage your sales opportunity pipeline.
- How to develop and implement a systematic plan of attack.
- How to focus and manage your time for maximum results.
Chapter Seven: Pre-call Preparation
- What to do before heading out for a sales appointment.
- A ten-minute effort that will pay huge dividends.
- How to eliminate no-shows and cancellations.
- How to use visual aids to maximum effect.
- How to avoid “shooting yourself in the foot” and killing sales.
- How to create a winning sales attitude.
Chapter Eight: The Warm-Up
- How to turn prospects into friends and allies.
- How to make instant emotional connections that eliminate objections.
- How to get buyers to reveal their real problems and needs.
- Steps to take in the first five minutes that will greatly increase your sales.
- How to confidently and effectively control your sales appointments.
- How to easily adapt your sales style to any situation.
- How and why to sell yourself first.
- Why and how you should offer your prospect an “early out.”
- How to effectively sell to any personality type.
Chapter Nine: Needs Analysis
- How to expertly use questions to move the sale along.
- The four types of security sales questions and when/how to use them.
- How to make your prospects say “yes” to your recommendations.
- What you must do first before offering a solution.
- How to stay organized and on track during the sales call.
Chapter Ten: The System Demo
- Why and how to demo the system.
- The single biggest demo mistake.
- Why and how to involve your prospects in the demonstration.
- How to easily manage distractions and use them to your advantage.
- Why and how to turn sales presentations into client-focused conversations.
- How to effortlessly blaze a “trail to the sale” with small positive agreements.
- How to build so much value that the prospect has to say “Yes!”
Chapter Eleven: System Design
- Why and how to use a security audit.
- Why and how to involve your prospects in designing their security system.
- How to make recommendations during system design.
- How to take your prospect’s “temperature.”
- How to unearth additional security needs.
- Why and how to appeal to your prospect’s emotional needs.
- How not selling will help you sell.
- How to easily sell monitoring contracts.
Chapter Twelve: Getting to “Yes!”
- How to know when the time is right to close.
- Why prospects don’t buy, and what you can do about it.
- Common mistakes even veteran salespeople make when addressing concerns.
- When to deliver your final closing statement and what to say.
- What not to say while closing.
- How to present the price.
Chapter Thirteen: Negotiating
- The six most expensive words in sales.
- The cardinal rule that must always be followed when handling buyer concerns.
- Why price isn’t nearly as important as you think.
- How to easily and expertly handle price objections.
- What to do when your prospects say “We’d like to think about it.”
- How to overcome “Buyer’s Remorse in Advance.”
- How to eliminate the prospect’s perception of risk.
- How to get more than you give in a negotiation.
- How to lay the groundwork for referrals.
Chapter Fourteen: Post-sale Follow Up
- How to turn one-time customers into lifetime clients.
- How to eliminate cancellations and rescissions.
- What to do before you leave.
- What to do immediately after the sale.
- What do do if you don’t close on the first call.
- How to create a steady stream of referrals.
- How to anchor your business relationships and create loyal
customersclients who will never leave you for a competitor.